Back to Top
Veterinary Services in Amesbury
MVAH offers all services needed for comprehensive care for healthy and sick cats and dogs. It would take many pages of text to list all the services we offer, but below are the highlights followed by some services in which we have particular interest. If you need help with something and do not see it here, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Safe, comfortable surgery and anesthesia
- Sick animal diagnosis, x-rays, ultrasound, echocardiograms, blood and other sample testing, hospitalization
- Healthy animal physical exams, vaccinations, heartworm and lyme disease testing, internal parasite control, heartworm prevention and flea and tick control
- Prompt care for emergency patients
- Care for cancer, thyroid disease, kidney disease, diabetes, arthritis, and more
- Complete pharmacy of nearly all drugs we prescribe and easy refills of medications
- Complete line of Hill’s Pet Nutrition foods
- Pain control with pharmaceuticals, neutraceuticals, and food
- Behavior counseling including litter box problems
- Boarding for cats
Veterinary services at which we excel and have a special interest:
- Communication and Education: MVAH is focused on teaching and explaining, in detail, pets’ health needs and our recommendations. Our follow up after surgery and office visits is unparalleled and reassuring to our clients. We can either talk face to face, call, text, email, fax or mail our correspondence with you. With all these communication options, it is always easy to contact one of the Team.
- Customer service: MVAH has a very strong reputation of excellent customer care and has won numerous awards for “Best Veterinary Hospital”. We offer convenient office hours including nights and Saturdays. The Health Care Team is focused on making visits to the hospital as easy and stress free as possible for people and pets. We know your time is important, and we are proud to say we routinely stay on time during office visits. After just one visit, we know our clients feel as if MVAH is part of their family’s Health Care Team.
- Dental Care: Pet dental disease is very common in dogs and cats and completely preventable with daily care and regular cleanings. MVAH has a dedicated suite and team to address dental health issues. This is one of Dr. Marchell’s special interests.
- Dermatology: Itchy skin and ear infections are two of the most common reasons we see dogs and cats for examinations. MVAH has special interest in this topic and has many options for care.
- Feline Medicine: As any cat owner knows, cats are not small dogs, and MVAH knows that cats have medical, surgical and nutritional needs specific to them.
- Senior Medicine: As pets age, they may have special nutritional needs, changes in behavior, changes in physical capabilities and illnesses become more common. MVAH will help you understand the changes in your pet and keep them comfortable for their entire life.
- Nutrition: There are more than 10,000 pet foods available for sale. The marketing of these products can make it very hard to know what is best to feed your pets. Dr. Wojcicki has a special interest in nutrition. Read more to learn how she can help clients make informed decisions regarding food.
- Spay and Neuter: At MVAH, we believe that all pet’s not being used for breeding should be spayed or neutered. This can improve their lifelong health.
- Travel Documents and Health Certificates: Whether you are traveling on vacation or for any reason, it’s important to be prepared. Gathering travel documents and preparing your pet’s health certificate are tasks that the Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital team can help you complete!
- Euthanasia: We know that nothing is harder than saying goodbye to your beloved pet. The veterinary team at MVAH provides compassionate euthanasia services for pets who have reached the end of their journey.
- Hospice Care: When your pet is nearing the end of their life’s journey, the veterinary team at Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital wants to help to make them comfortable, safe, and peaceful. Our team provides hospice care to meet the needs of our patients and their loving owners.
- Microchipping: When your pet is lost, trying to find them can be daunting. The Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital team recommends microchipping each pet, as that is the only way to ensure that your pet is registered to you for life.
- Parasite Prevention Parasite prevention is an important part of maintaining your pet’s lifelong health. We recommend always preventing fleas, ticks, heartworms, and other parasites to ensure that your pet is safe from the diseases these parasites can transmit.
- Allergy Testing When your pet experiences itchy skin, a splotchy rash, open sores, ear infections, hot spots, and more, these could be the sign of allergies. At Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital, we provide complete allergy testing to ensure that your pet’s allergies are accurately diagnosed and effectively treated.
"We couldn't be happier with the care our pets receive
Nancy C, Amesbury
Veterinary Websites by InTouch Practice Communications