Our Animal Hospital in Amesbury Cares
Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital began caring for pets out of a garage in 1968. Since then, this animal hospital in Amesbury has grown into its own building and has plenty of tools at their disposal for top-notch care. But no matter how many years have passed, and technologies advanced, the mission of Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital remains: to give your dogs and cats the finest in medical care, while building relationships with them and their loving owners. Along with that, our animal hospital in Amesbury makes each appointment as calming as possible for your furry friends with stress free visits. We hope this will put them and you at ease every time you come through our doors. We hope to see you soon, for years to come!
Our Veterinary Services
Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital in Amesbury provides a plethora of veterinary services for your pets. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pet wellness exams for all ages, including vaccinations, testing for heartworm and Lyme disease, as well as parasite prevention discussions, and flea and tick control
- Specific care geared towards cats and seniors pets
- Pet allergy testing, to determine the kinds of things your furry friend is allergic to
- Diagnostic testing in the form of blood tests, x-rays, ultrasounds, and echocardiograms
- Emergency pet care and hospitalization
- Pet dental care, including teeth cleanings and the importance of home oral care
- Personalized care for conditions such as cancer, diabetes, and arthritis, as well as thyroid and kidney disease
- Pet surgical procedures, including spay and neuter
- Microchipping, which is a way to permanently identify your pet in case he or she gets lost
- Pet pain control and relief, with the help of various medicines and food products
Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital also has an in-house pharmacy fully stocked for your furry friend’s medicinal needs.