Veterinary Career Opportunities in Amesbury, ME
Do you want to become a part of the Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital family? We'd love to learn more about you! See our available career opportunities in Amesbury, ME and complete our application form if you're interested in joining our team.
Less Stress Vets – that’s our motto! Less Stress Vets takes us a step further than the Fear Free approach to patient care we already have in place, and provides necessary consideration to the well-being of our workplace professionals. We take a proactive approach to reducing/eliminating the factors that lead to stress and anxiety in our Associate Veterinarians. The result is an increase in workplace and job satisfaction as well as better overall care for patients (and Veterinarian).
Join our team of Less Stress Vets where you will see that we focus on:
- Mentorship and growth opportunities to drive both confidence and financial success. We provide valuable learning experiences that will enable you to enhance the quality of care you can offer your patients. We also appreciate the knowledge you will bring and value your contributions.
- Long-term job satisfaction without long hours or unreasonable scheduling. We have a strong hospital culture, significantly low turnover, and effective strategies for Associate retention and growth. We recognize that you work to live, not live to work.
- Our overall impact. We are committed to the best employment practices that yield the best medicine and thus the best client experience.
- Trusting relationships as it builds autonomy, mastery, and purpose. We are a high-functioning clinic, and thus it is important to cultivate greatness.
Stress even less at Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital knowing that you have:
- A life! Shorter, flexible work weeks with no nights and no on-call as we have referral centers nearby
- Above-average earning potential ($125k-$175k in as little as 30 hours a week)
- Exceptional, above-industry average benefits such as fully paid medical premiums, clothing allowance, generous CE, and more
- Opportunity and budget to contribute to hospital/equipment enhancement
- Spacious, remarkably clean, clutter-free clinic aesthetically designed to keep your tools/supplies right at your fingertips
- A team of talented Associates you can collaborate with and not have to compete against
- Long-term, fully leveraged support staff with exceptional skills so you can focus on what you do best at optimal efficiency without compromising quality
- Modern medical tools and equipment including digital radiography and electronic records.
Are you a Veterinary Technician who is versed and experienced in client education, technical services (venipuncture, diagnostics, etc), surgery, dentistry and appreciates being leveraged and utilized in a true Technician capacity? Looking for a place where you will be empowered, have more autonomy, and not micromanaged? That's what you get here at Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital. But wait! There's MORE!
- Competitive pay; $1,500 Sign-On Bonus ($500 on 1st paycheck; $500 at 30 days and $500 at 90 days).
- Immediate, company paid high-quality health insurance (FT only)
- Immediate, company matched IRA
- Exceptionally generous PTO in the first year with more added each year!
- Continuing education opportunities and budget
- Pet benefits that include credits, discounts and free products/services.
- Full week's worth of uniforms provided plus $110 shoe credit!!
- No late nights or on-call, no holidays, and we close for inclement weather.
- Working with the best team and clients in the area!
"I look forward to working alongside and collaborating with some of the smartest and most passionate veterinary professionals in this industry. We drive one another. We support one another. Together, we are better. " (EE survey comment)
We are growing and so we are looking for a talented credentialed (or heavily experienced) Veterinary Technician who is enthusiastically ready to join our amazing Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital team. As a Veterinary Technician, we leverage you to perform with excellence, what you are already educated and trained to do:
- Client education, charting, financial transactions
- Administration of vaccines, fluids, injections
- Triage, patient care, surgical monitoring & recovery
- Radiography & venipuncture
- Dental scaling & polishing
- Restraint & hygiene services
- Filling scripts
- Stocking & facility upkeep
MVAH is a Less Stress vet clinic that puts our people first. We know that you are amazing and recognize that we have to remove barriers so that we can see you shine. Our open-concept workspace that is remarkably clean and free from clutter is just the start. What you will also find is:
- A welcoming, full visibility reception area where animals can be given their space.
- Three spacious exam rooms each equipped with a versatility table, a computer, credit card terminal, and a phone.
- A large treatment area designed to keep all your needed supplies right at your fingertips and supports your fear-free initiatives.
- A mobile surgical prep table to wheel patient into the surgical suite so you can perform your work safely instead of trying to lift/carry 50-100 lbs of sedated weight
Come join Merrimac Valley Animal Hospital and see what exceptional truly looks like!